North Country Engineering Logo

North Country Engineering
Civil Engineering, Surveying & Construction Services


North Country Engineering, Inc. (NCE) planning expertise spans the range from parks and community programs to commercial site development to recreational properties and camps. NCE can work with you on your project from your initial concept and see it through to contract administration. We work with a vast client base in Upper Michigan including federal, state, and local governments and private land owners and developers. Let our team of qualified professionals assist you with your next planning project!

The following are a list of some of the services we can provide:

Site Planning

  • Zoning and land use planning
  • Stormwater management plans
  • Commercial or campus development
  • Residential and recreational layout and development
  • Permitting assistance


Parks and Recreation

  • GIS mapping
  • Public outreach
  • Recreational facility plans
  • Watershed management plans
  • Recreation master plans
  • Trail plans and design

Natural Resources Inventory and Assessment

  • Erosion and sediment control plans (upland, lake, or stream)
  • Habitat assessment and restoration and enhancement plans
  • GIS mapping
  • Threatened and endangered species surveys and evaluations
  • Rosgen river and stream classifications
  • Invasive species management plans
  • Waterfront property management plans
  • Watershed management plans
  • Wetland assessment, delineation, and permit assistance
  • Wetland restoration, enhancement or creation plans

Please also see our services described under Natural Resource Design.

Facility Planning

  • Feasibility studies
  • Commercial or municipal expansion and development

Permitting (Private Citizens to Commercial Clients)

  • Zoning and Site plan approvals
  • Meeting attendance if needed
  • Water system (MDEQ)
  • Sanitary sewer system (MDEQ)
  • Individual well and septic systems (Local Health Department)
  • Soil erosion control (local Soil Erosion Control Authority)
  • MDOT, County road, municipal entrance and ROW (MDOT and/or Road Commission)
  • Storm sewer and drainage (County Drain Commissioner)
  • Wetlands (MDEQ)

We can assist with applications for permits for ALL Local and Government Agencies

North Country Engineering Logo

© 2011 North Country Engineering

Web Design by Website by My Web Maestro My Web Maestro